Friday, September 29, 2006

Dania ..oh Dania!!!


I really wish there is any pecifier patches.. cause my darling is addicted to it: no pecifier means no sleep although she doesn`t use it during the day but at night it is another story ,,
I would like to let her stop it but I can`t or kinda afraid of ..I just can`t imagine how could dania get to sleep without it .. it became a trade mark or a sleep pattern ..
but as a dentist (or used to be!!) I`m affraid that her teeth could get damaged , they are still ok and she is not using it all the time but still it is a hazard for her teeth..
and you know what dania names her pecifier : mammu and since sleep is "nannu" in dania`s language ,, so when she ask for a MAMMU it means it is time for NANNU!!!!!
in another story we have this potty training tragedy .. I actually began with dania in libya and after few accidents she started to do it in the bathroom and I was like...WAAAAAW YESSSS!!! but when we came back here she just freaked out when she saw the bathroom and as a result we brought the Pampers and started all over again.. I think that I will re-train her after ramadan in sha`allah..
Ramdan .. this holy month it just reminds me of my family back home .. how we used to sit around the living room table (which we use it in ramadan only ) full of delicious food only mama could make ,chatting ..laughing ,,watching TV ,,and injoying the atmosphere..then after feast we put our pillows under our arms taking this semi-sleep position on the couches waiting for my mama lovely green tea (i`m trying to do it as you do mama..but never the same) with some ramadan sweets like mahallabia, ataief,zalabia and other delicacies..
those warm nights beside mama are priceless ,, i don`t know why this month is reminding me of my mother..i just can`t stop missing her, dad, aladdin, ghassan and lovely dody..
ramadan here is sooo un-ramadanic ,, in libya you feel it straight away; shops are opened till dawn ,, family visits ,, streets are crowded ..
well the good news is that the weather is good so we go out often ,,and also abubaker found all the goods we need for ramadan from a paki shop.... he found even zalabia (which is a great pleasure for abubaker),,so alittle bit of ramadan is here too..
but the problem is after sunset we just eat and sit nothing else ,,watching TV ,,opening internet ,,chatting with family ,,that`s it .. i think the problem is that we are not used to that ,, we are still new around here and still the memories of last year ramadan in our heads ..may be in the next one we will be done !!!
what else .. what else..oh yes!! I liked what anglolibyan wrote about the libyan women bloggers ,,thank you so much it was so encouraging .. I must admit that i have been inspired by Khadija terri ,,then I found it a good way to improve my english .. then it become addiction..i just can`t sleep every night before checking some of my favourate blogs ..even in my busiest time i still have those ten minutes to check and injoy ..so thanks all for your lovely blogs ..
well i think that is for today i hope i could be more regular .. i will try to..
bye for now..

Dania`s mama

6 comments:

Anglo-Libyan said...

both of my children refused the pacifier (also called a dummy in the UK) when they were babies, this meant sleepless nights for me and their mother, we tried very hard to get them to take it but they just wouldn't, we even tried to put honey or a bit of sugar but still no chance, my son even refused the bottle and would only drink milk from a baby cup which was a strange sight for a baby, I suppose in the long run it was better for them but that didn't help us.
I agree with you that Ramadan is not the same here as it is in Libya but i had to get used to it as years passed by.
Thank you for your support.

غازي القبلاوي Ghazi Gheblawi said...

Don’t you worry; actually let me tell you a small story about me. As the folk tale goes into my family they say that when I was born, I was a very quite child, but after a month or so, I started to practice my hobby of letting my voice heard, I was a loud crier (if I knew that child now I might used other means to shut him up other than cuddling), so my mum used the Zelbaha, Lahaya, pacifier, and as they continue to tell me, that was the beginning of an intimate relationship with this rubbery nippley thing, once it is in my mouth, that’s it I am quite, that lasted till I was 3yr!!! Yep I was 3 years old when I started to lose interest in the pacifier... I grew up to be a very quite person. I wonder what was the thing that replaced the pacifier to make me quite.
I guess the pacifier is better than sucking her thumb, we have that in our family too, but that’s another story. Ramadan Karim
Ghazi

Anglo-Libyan said...

well my son who is 5 now and who never used the pacifier or a bottle in his life, did not become a quiet person, this supports Ghazi's theory, in fact my son's school report says at the beginning: Amir is a prolific talker. I always tell him that he swallowed a radio :o)
may Allah bless all the children.

Um Dania said...

thank you both anglo and geblawi for your supporting comments ,, actually its been two days that dania sleeps without her "lahaya" and that is a progress ..
i know that children must take their time to develop and grow i just have these mother`s concerns that i know will never end ...
thank you again

Dania`s mama

BeSHeSHeNtRa... said...

nice blogge Dania .. i liked it ..and Ramadan kareem .

old momma said...

My son was days from starting preschool and I had to tell him big boys don't use masassas in school. My youngest drank from a bottle until we left for Libya. It was for when she was having a diabetic low. But since she had a hard time finding a milk she liked we finally broke her of it. I hid the others we had when I returned home to the states. Thanks for your kind words while on my journey.