Saturday, March 03, 2007

Stars!!


Sometimes, I like to look at a certain star in the night sky wondering how many persons are staring at the same star this very momment... a poet who is looking for inspiration.. a women in Iraq hiding her tears and remembering the people she lost .. a baby starving in Africa.. a lover trying to write a letter to his beloved woman.. a sailor in the middle of the sea missing his homeland...
Sometimes I just wonder how many people in this very moment died.. got married.. graduated.. cried.. laughed .. born..
Sometimes I just keep staring at the sky wondering what are people doing in America, Venezuela, China..Lebanon.. we are all under the same roof .. yet we are ways too different...we are friends, enemies.. relatives .. strangers.. white.. black.. women ..men.. kids .. adults..muslims .. jews.. so much differences in such a small world...
These are some of my weird moments that usually resulted in a severe headache..but I can`t but keep imagining this whole world as a one piece and us as some game pieces that are related to each other in a certain way..I don`t know.. I just wonder how could we make it work.. how could we overcome our differences and work together to prevent wars, hanger and poverty...
These are some thoughts to share.. I hope I didn`t bother you..
Um Dania

3 comments:

Writertobe said...

Dear Um Dania,

Thank you very much for the kind comment you left at the D-blog. It really cheered me up and put a big smile on my face. Thanks a lot dear.

I wish you and your little cute family happiness and joy, always.


And, oh, alf Mabrook for the new ‘bundle of joy’, he looks so cute Mashallah.
Kind Regards
Soad

piccolina said...

you won't believe that i think about the same thing from time to time , i always think of what is going on with that peron and that perons and what is going here and there while i'm doing whatever
subhan allah this life is running and we keep runing after it !
GOD bless you sweetie

Um Dania said...

Sereeb.. i `m so happy that finally i have some sort of communication with you.. and you know.. i like "SEREEB" as a word.. it just remind me of my beloved Derna and our family gathering around the tea tray in those summer evenings...yaaaah.. good old memories...

Piccolina.. it is just a big relief to know that somebody is thinking like me.. and as you said this life is running and we are running after it.. those moments are like a pause moments in a long running movie.. it help you reflect ...

thanks again ladies

Um Dania (this name is making me look old !!!)