Tuesday, July 25, 2006

HARRY POTTER


Harry potter .. this magical story of a young wizard who is chased by lord voldermort (the bad guy!!) .. I just like this beautiful story full of magic and mystery .. yes.. I know that it is originally created for children but I must admit : I adore this harry and his school , his friends , the headmaster ,, simply everything is fascinating me ..
since I was a child .. I was always amazed by stories of witches ,, and as my mum always say ; I had this great imagination that I could invent a full story about this beautiful princess who was cursed by the bad evil witch and bla..bla..bla..
it was not only imagination and creations .. I used to draw the characters ,, write the lines for them (their dialogues) and I just fill these pages till I reached the end (which is usually a happy ending!).. this is how I used to play (i was a shy girl and a very very quiet child) .. i used to spend the entire evening inventing , painting , and changing the story till I feel satisfied .. and that`s it ..
over the years and because we used to travel too much .. I lost most of my paintings , and of course all my stories .. but I`m still remembering those lovely evenings .. with all those papers and colours around me ,, and only my imagination to begin..
well .. maybe ,, because of these shadowing memories of a childhood that I missed too much ,, that is why I grabbed the first book of harry potter with enthusiasm ,, I remember taking the book with me to my clinic and just read it whenever I could (between appointments ,, after pulling some teeth ,, whatever!!!) and since then I became addicted to it .. I bought the second one.. the third one .. the fourth .. then I bought the DVD`s ,, then the fifth book ,, and the sixth one .. now i`m waiting for the seventh to be finished (sadly this will be the last one).
these days I`m re-reading the forth book (`cause I recently saw the movie: Harry Potter and the goblet of fire) .. so I felt that I would like to read it again .. to see what did they cut and what did they add ,, and most of all .. I would like to revive the characters ,, the story..
it is addiction signs.. I know !! ..but believe me .. it worth it .. I praise the writer for her wonderful work.. and I will save the books for Dania to read when she grow up ..
it is a story of love and devotion .. full of magic and mystery..and beyond.
I just like it

Dania`s mama

6 comments:

Anglo-Libyan said...

while J K Rowling may have created the Harry Potter stories for children, I certainly know many adults that enjoy the books and the films, they are very entertaining for all. I think I read somewhere that she is writing the last book ever of H Potter and that she is planning to kill one of the main characters, I wonder who?

Anonymous said...

Great fun, I do share similar childhood interests.
Please teach this to your lovely Dania and others of your folk. I really feel proud that there is such intellectual characters in my Libya.

Um Dania said...

thank you anglolibyan for your comment .. and as you said she will kill one of the main characters ,, i guess maybe is Harry Potter himself after saving the world from Lord Voldermort (expectations of an expert!!!)
i like your blog by the way.

Dania`s Mama

Um Dania said...

thank you "anonymous" for your lovely comment and as i wrote in my post i will save the books for dania and i hope that somebody could translate the books to many languages so children around the world could enjoy it ..

Dania`s Mother

Anglo-Libyan said...

thank you Dania's mama for your kind comment.
i hope its not Harry potter she kills off, this will make her very unpopular then again the others are good as well. we will see!!

Anonymous said...

hi
actully i loved ur bloge ..and i agree with u about this story .it's wonderful