Sunday, July 02, 2006





OH MY GOODNESS!!!


Argentina lost!!!!!!!!!.. yesterday was one of my husband`s worst days of his life .. I never saw him in this situation ,, when they lost he was like a statue ,, stunned and shocked ,,i must say that I was soooo disappointed they were the best team in this tournament ,, well after all ; football is all about art and luck (and some under-table bloody games of FIFA leaders!!)..
but later on I was so relieved that the Italians has made it .. they won after I almost got a heart attack ,, but they did it !! yeeees !! ....."FORSA ITALIA!!!" ..
Dania was just running around us shouting "talia..talia!!!" she is so happy these days that she got two crasy parents who are screaming and singing all the time in front of the TV .. well !! because of a "ball"!!!!
But... today England lost ,, it was a great shock ,,when it was over; the commentators at BBC TV were hiding their tears(actually one of them was already crying ),, there was this feeling of sadness and emptiness ,, we felt sad for them ,, later on I went to my local gym (yes!! trying to loose some weight!!) and the first thing i saw was an angry supporter who was pulling England flags off his car,, and when the Metro arrived nearby; i saw lots of fans getting off the train crying and holding each other,, and when I entered the gym ,, ooops!! it was deserted ,, people are in the lobby arguing and shouting ,,nobody in the gym area!!!!
how emotional and heartbreaking is this sport,, one minute you are the champion ,next minute you`re going home empty handed..
my mum loves football too much ,, actually she is the only one who understand it ,, the rest (my two brothers and my younger sister and even dad) doesn`t realy care about football unless it is world cup.. we usually get crazy!! and we all support Italia,,
I really miss these feelings and the crazy things we usually do during the tournament ,, but thanks god that we have internet , satellite and mobiles ,, connection is easier now .. but nothing replaces the physical connections and touches..
well I guess I`m over excited and emotional because of this tournament,,
by the way the FRENCH defeated Brazil ,, I love france ,,especially Zedan and Henry.. they are amazing.. ahhhhhhh!!! at least something to smile for!!!!

4 comments:

Akram said...

Italia in the final Mabroouk ;)

Um Dania said...

hey a.adam
thank you so much i`m soooo happy ..
FORZA ITALIA!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Empty Arab World

Anonymous said...

its one month in 4 yrs my friend , let ppl live it with happiness ...if we have a team in that world cup we will kill for it and fight and fight , but so sorry we have not , carry on Dania`s mother , alaah y3awn

Abubaker