Saturday, July 08, 2006

packing!!!

I`m packing ,, yes ! going to visit my family in Libya ,, we have a special occasion there : my brother`s engagement party ,, I bought two bags the other day for me and Dania (you know alot of clothes and shoes ,, to show off there!! hahaha!!).
I finished my shopping (with no money left for the rest of the month... ooops!!!!) the problem is when i checked back what i bought i felt so disappointed and shocked ,, i spent almost all my money and i still need a hundred of things which for my opinion are soooo important!!( I know it is -women- ever- problem- : never satisfied!!),, well thanks god for everything ,, and after all I`m going to my family house so I don`t think I will need anything with my mum spoiling us all the time .. yes my mum has a weakness towards us she never refused any thing we asked ( and yes we always take advantage of that!!) so if I need any thing there I` sure she will not refuse !!(I`m a mean girl!!!).
my brother is engaged to a beautiful girl ,, when I first met her I was like -oh my god- she is georgous !!!,, she is so young but her way of thinking and how she expresses herself made me feel as if I`m with a mature intellectual woman ,, I like it when a woman is combining the beauty with culture and knowledge.. we as a family are so happy to have her as a new member ..
my mother and sister are doing all the preparations there in Libya and believe me it is a headache to prepare for events in libya ,, you must be in control of everything and never trust the promises made by the people you are dealing with ,, you must check and check and check .. as for buying things ,, well this is another issue ,, although we have some good shops and boutiques full with italian clothes and stuff ,, but yet there is no variety of styles and stuff ,, well to make a long story short ,, it is a compelte headache to get prepared for any event there..
well.. I will arrive on the 14th of this month (next friday) my plane from here will take off at 6 o`clock which means we will wake at 4 o`clock in the morning !!,, then a transit in heathrow for two hours aand half ,, and we will arrive in my country at 14:00.
long journey but it worht it ,, I missed my family too much .. I missed our "breakfast" chatting around the kitchen table .. our evening conversations about almost everything ,, and our "let`s go around the city"`s every thursday..
we will leave abubaker here alone ,, he is concerned about how to do alone ( well I don`t think it is a problem to have some free time away from family and duties !! but he is insisting that he will get bored !!!),, yesterday evening he was playing with Dania and suddenly he sighed and said that he is gonna miss her (and me of course!!) ,, yes in these few months we were so close like never before ,, when we where in my country we were like roommates!! i have my own car and he has his own one ,, i have my work and my family and social duties and he has his .. even when we go together to any event; we had to be separated because women and men don`t meet in typical libyan occasions!!
in result ,, I was used to do everything alone ,, when we think of going out for dinner or something; it is always like mission impossible `cause we must swipe away all bad ideas from the staring people`s heads and convinced them that we are a typical libyan married couple (and this is simply done my expressing some long faces and never never NEVER hold eachother hands!!!)
but here ,, we are together all the time with no commitments or duties just the three of us all the time ,, we like it although it is boring sometimes!! ,, but i think it is a precious thing that we achieved here..
back to my preparations .. Abubaker is concerned about me being alone with Dania ,, i used to travel by my own ,, but with this little monster ,, yes ,, i`m concerned too !! but I know I will manage ,,
Abubaker has always this father figure with all his concerns and doubts ,, sometimes it frustrates me ,, but I`m getting used to it ..
we are gonna miss him ,, but I think it will be a great opportunity to explore the city (and even other cities if he wants) as he will have more free time especially with the wonderful weather these days,,
by the way my bags are RED in colour ,,,, mmmmm!!! well it will be easier to recognize them don`t you think!!!!

Dania`s mother

4 comments:

Tara said...

I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you so much for the wonderful comment!! You made my day - I needed that after today (which I blogged about!).

I read your post about packing. You must be so excited about returning back to Libya and being with your family - plus a special engagement ceremony!!! Congrats to your brother!!!! I can so relate to that being away from family. I head back to see my family in the U.S. on the 25th of August.

I'm sure Abubaker will do just fine without you. Well, he'll try to at least. I'm sure he'll be sooo much more appreciative of you when you get back from being all alone!! You'll love it! You just enjoy the break!!!!

In August, it will be my 1st time traveling alone with baby Sara. I'm a bit nervous I must say. 18 hours with a almost 7 month old by that time is a LONG time!!! yikes!

You have a fabulous time and would love to hear all about it when you get back. Have a safe trip there and back.

Take care and I have a red bag as well - it helps BELIEVE ME!!!

Hugs,
Tara

Tara said...

Dania is beautiful!!!

Hugs,
Tara

10860 nights of Tripoli said...

SIS FORZA ITALIA ...

I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT , U CANT IMAGINE WHAT DID WE DO IN UR AUNT'S HOUSE WE SHOUTED FOR LIKE AN HOUR...
SEE YA SOON

Anonymous said...

ohhhh my god dania looks soooo cute in the pic but rima u r ......did u buy something for me or not i will kill u if u not ..i cant wait to see dodo im counting the days and by the way u missed a big party of the worldcup in ur aunt house it was once in a life time moment we gone wild screaming like crazy and there were some france supporters bettwn us !!! but we distroy them hahah ...take care of ur baby when ur in the airport and by the way its good to live ur man sometime u will fell the benefit ...ciao amore forza la azzore...dody